Monday, September 8, 2008

Reading the Bible, part II


In my last post, I wrote about how we "encourage" our students to read the Bible and I want to further to encourage you to do so by mentioning a way in which my personal Bible study has been enriched during the last year: listening to good teaching. I bought myself an Ipod last Christmas and I have been surprised by how little I have listened to music (I still love music and my Ipod has more music than I can probably listen to in a year). Instead, I have enjoyed listening to Bible teaching through Podcasts. One of the sermons I listened to was talking about the "means of grace" and listed the teaching of the Word of God among them. In many ways, I feel that I have experienced God's grace towards me through listening to His Word being taught. I would like to encourage you to consider listening to one of the following teachers and see how God's Word speaks to you as you listen (click on the name below):

Alistair Begg

Jill and Stuart Briscoe

Richard Dahlstrom

Dr. Michael Easley

Mike Fabarez

Charles Price

Also, all of these, except Charles Price, are also available through iTunes.